Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tagged

My first meme, I've been tagged by the lovely FTW....here goes...

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share 6 non-important/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag 6 random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5 Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up

1) I can't stand chipped finger nail polish. Drives. Me. Bananas.

2) Even if I'm running late in the morning, I have to have a cup of coffee with cream before I leave the house.

3) I never feel a greater surge of excitement than when I arrive at an airport in a foreign country that I've never been before.

4) My patience for public servants is extremely limited, and I am one. (I want to be a lobbyist, so you gotta do the time).

5) If I ever have a valium before a flight, I have to take it with coffee because I read somewhere once the caffeine aids the absorption.

6) I've been flying since I was a little girl, but became fearful of it in my mid twenties, which, you know, is a bit of a bummer because I generally take upwards of 20 flights per year. So sometimes, if the valium ain't working, I will have a conversation in my head with grandfather, who was in the airforce and loved planes, and it calms me down.

I tag anyone who wants to do this!

And I think you should all check out my lovely friend
Chloe's blog. She's tops.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a nervous flyer too...worse now than ever, and I've been on planes since I was a child. Never taken Valium though, will have to give that a try. I also like the way you wrote you talk to your Grandfather to calm you down - my gramps was a WW2 pilot too and flew a lot as well.

Liking you more and more the more I know you! :) Great meme. x

fromtheworld said...

Thanks for following the tag thing! I love to be in airports. But when I live, when I arrive in a new country, if I am alone and don't know anyone, then I am excited but also scared!

Maude Lynn said...

I have the same issue with chipped nail polish. That's why I can never pull off painted nails for longer than a day!

Fusion said...

With you on the coffee thing, having a cup now. I love to fly, only time I've been nervous was on the flights to and from Australia... nothing but water below... thank god for the movies and entertainment on board.

La Femme said...

SK: You mean you haven't booked that flight to Malaysia! Valium is a winner. Highly recommend. With or without flying. And, thanks sugar cube!

FTW: No worries! Hmm, I don't really get scared. I did the very first time when I arrived in Bangkok at midnight on my own and a little bit when I arrived in Delhi, but apart from that, nope. I've done practically all my traveling solo, so I guess you get used to it. :)

Mama: Thanks for stopping by! Yes, mine lasts a few hours at best.

Fuse: I wish I could go back to the days I loved to fly!

x said...

i am the same with coffee in the morning. And i warn all co-workers and bosses about it too :)
Thanks for the mention! xx

Ms Smack said...

I'm with the beautiful Kate here. The more I read about you, the more I dig you.

I also hate chipped nail polish, and for that reason, often just paint my nails clear. Boring, but neat :)

Cheers
Smack.