Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I built an ark


I am ill and grumpy today.  I have a bizarre flu, that is awful when I wake up and before I go to sleep but sort of levels out to general lethargy and self pity for the remainder of the day.  And, hot flushes.  I'm only 29, so hopefully it is not the onset of early menopause.  Good times.

So, no work for little old me yet as I have spent the last two days staring at the ceiling cursing the world and imbibing vast quantities of nurofen plus.  Joy.

Anyway, the neighbourhood possum (one of, there are HUNDREDS) came to my back door last night to eat from the cat's bowl, complete with little baby possum on board.  And then, today, I heard the bowl knock over and upon investigating found a massive blue tongue lizard just snacking on the cat biscuits.  

Yep, the flu, possai and lizards is all I got today.  


3 comments:

fromtheworld said...

hey, a possum and a lizard!!! that is pretty cool!! I hope you will feel better soon

La Femme said...

Thank you :) Yeah, there is a lot of wildlife down here!

Wait. What? said...

Its more than some have on their days! Hope ya are feeling better! Cat