Monday, October 6, 2008

good times


I'm tipping the exhaustion scales this evening.  It was steaming hot today and I am completely spent.

Unfortunately for me: the neighbors; not so.  Last night's car crash involving a rather cerebral drink driver desperately trying to hide his car in the nearest driveway (!) has been outdone this evening by a rather loud domestic, complete with "Get away from my boyfriend you fuckin' slut!" and "He pulled a knife on Tommo" which has just been brought to its climax by the wailing sirens of our boys in blue.  

Word up, inner city living.

I'm emotionally tired, too.  Work has drained me.  Love has drained me.  Life has drained me.  All I want it is to sleep and I can't.  

I look at my life of recent times, and I don't really have too much room for complaint.  I've worked in remote communities in Africa, lived in London and Paris, held interesting and rewarding jobs and i've had me many an adventure.  

And whilst most of the time I convince myself that I am a successful, independent, and modern woman who needs not a man by her side and the thought of children to look forward to... some days its really hard.   

  


8 comments:

kimba said...

*cue blues harp..*

Sister.. you speak my language..

I am about to move a little further out of the city.. and that means a higher possibility of moving next to the Tommo's and the boyfriend stealing sluts.. thanks for reminding me it might be worth spending an extra $20 a week on rent to safequard against that..

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling of being emotionally drained and weepy and fed up. And I also know what it is like to live besides genetically engineered sub-humans with only a few brain cells to rub together. In fact, I'm living next to a few of them right now as we speak!!
For joy!


*laughing at kimba's comments*


Hey hang in there and go and zone out for a while. Stick the doona over your head and sleep a day away or get out of your city...the funk will pass chickie.

xx

La Femme said...

Thanks lovely ladies.

Still struggling along in struggleville.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for better times ahead!

Kimba - $20 buck is a small bogan tax in my view.

Katie Kate - I read that neighbour relations have improved. Pleased to hear it!! xx

Wait. What? said...

being so tired that you cannot manage to grab the sleep - I have been there and done that - the inner city noises and comotion I have that as well - in Chicago - Hang in there. Cat

La Femme said...

Hi Cat... thanks for stopping by. And I'm still hanging on for the minute.

Oooh...and Chicago - I've always wanted to visit that place and not just cause Obama currently resides there. I saw the city in the movie High Fidelity and it looks great.

UBERMOUTH said...

I could not live in such close proximity to 'people', although some of the city conveniences would be nice.

Wait. What? said...

Chicago has a small town attitdue with a big town city - its really very lovely adn the people are for the most part extreemly well behaved and cordial! If ya ever decide to come visit - let me know and we can meet for dinner or something. :)

Cat

La Femme said...

Ubermouth: I have to say, I'm a city girl born and bred, but "people" can be the down side. Some of 'em anyway. :)

Cat: That would be lovely!!!