Tuesday, January 13, 2009

wishes


My brain is mush at the moment, and through my valium induced haze, I struggle to find something interesting write about.   I have a 6 page opus on how the class wars in Iceland could be overcome if we build a robot army, overseen from a central coordination point, headed by Iran and Syria with non voting buy-in from the US and Israel, but I'm just not sure its ready for publication yet.  

Moving along.

First two days back at work have been okay.  I suspect knowing that I will flee the Country next Wednesday night helps with easing me back in to the work routine.

This morning I got up at 6.30am, did a half hour hatha yoga session and ten minutes of weights.  

All of this before my morning cigarette. 

Yes I've failed on my first attempt to quit smoking, but am determined to try again soon. 


  

7 comments:

fromtheworld said...

wow, I admire your energy at 6.30 am. I am a zombie till 11am. I am a night person. Today I felt a strong desire of leaving for a trip soon too. I am so happy for you. It sounds so cool your future trip!

Bretthead said...

I need to call the Iranians and Syrians then. I've got this robot army in my backyard that I haven't known what to do with besides using them as patio torch holders. Sometimes our guests are intimidated.

Anonymous said...

Quitting smoking is the shits. The only reason I did it was because I got pregnant and even then I eyed off smokers with a kind of lust for years afterwards.

But people do it and you'll do it too. For sure.

fingers said...

I'm so proud of you, baby.
It takes a lot of courage to keep smoking when all those well-wishers are slapping you on the back and saying 'Way to go'.
You are MY hero now.
Oh, and I wouldn't worry about the Icelandic class wars. There's only one class there now.
The underclass...

Fusion said...

Better luck on the next try LaFemme, I know from friends how hard it is.

I say forget Iceland, just drop a nuke and start over...

Ms Smack said...

Smoking is called an addiction because it is HARD to kick! Try to remind yourself, even with visual notes, of the reason WHY you want to quit. Maybe that'll help. If not, try again next time.
x

La Femme said...

FTW: This is an abnormal event for me. I am very much a night owl, but getting back to work is forcing me to change my ways. And I'm really looking forward to my trip!

WTWA: I like to offer practical solutions. : )

SK: It is very much the shits my lovely SK. Maybe I'll get pregnant so I am forced to stop. It's that sort of rational, logical and considered thought that has pushed me through life so far. ; )

Fingers: Thanks honey. I knew that I could count on you for support.

Fuse: Yeah, fuck Iceland. Your solution is a little extreme, but hey, in Australia, you would be what is known as "An ideas man"

Ms Smack: Thanks for your support poppett. I will give that a try, I am going to need all the help I can get I think.