Monday, January 5, 2009

travels

In 16 days I will be heading off to the International Terminal for a quick spin around the globe.

First stop Kuala Lumpur for two days to visit my gorgeous friend E. The last time I was there I stayed at the Shangri La. In a word. Amazing. If you are ever in the area, I cannot recommend this place enough. It had the most amazing breakfast buffet that I had ever seen and/or tasted. Including a chocolate fountain.

Chocolate fountains for breakfast equals my sort of venue. Obviously, I will be stopping by for breakfast.

Onwards to London, for a 7 day catch up with friends that I've not seen since I left, and hopefully a quick trip over to Paris on the Eurostar. I will only have time for a day or so, and nothing is harder than pulling yourself away from that city, but a taste is better than not at all.

Onwards to Africa for 6 days and then home again.

In other news, whilst excited about my trip, I am tired and grumpy.

Over and out.

9 comments:

Ms Smack said...

Enjoy your time away from the rat race and all the best for a safe return to Aussie soils.


xx

Judith said...

I'm so jealous. My passport is beginning to molder.

Crushed said...

You should go over to Dublin while you're in this part of the world.

The finest city in Europe, by a long way.

Bretthead said...

Wow! Gee, I have to go to Cheyenne, WY in a week or two. I do have Chicago and New Orleans coming up. I can probably eat a hersheys bar at breakfast, find a pub for a pint and talk about africa. But that is about as close as I'm gonna get to your adventures.

Ms Smack said...

PS. I'm secretly madly jealous :)

fingers said...

What are you...some sort of location scout for Conde Nast...

UBERMOUTH said...

Is this business or pleasure?

fromtheworld said...

Have a good trip!

La Femme said...

Ms Smack: Thanks blossom.

VR: You should start planning your next trip. And I am jealous of you - Upstate New York is my dream place to call home.

Crushed: I've been to Northern Ireland a fair bit but never made my way down south. Unfortunately, I wont have time this trip. I will be over there later in the year - so maybe then.

WTWA: Ah, but you have beautiful kidlets and a lovely family. I have cigarettes and a passport.

Ms Smack: - But you're planning your next adventure. Like sex - the build up can be just as good.

Fingers: No, unfortunately not. However, I should be I think.

Uber: Pleasure, thankfully.

FTW: Thank you!