Sunday, December 14, 2008

air conditioning


I knew it wouldn't take too much of summer to take hold before the whining started.  It is disgustingly, revoltingly hot.  And my beautiful old house is like a steaming inferno death trap.  

Having had a major blow out in the shape of Christmas (over)spending, I am temporarily without means to purchase the necessary equipment to cool the house down.  Never one to let a temporary cash flow problem stop me, I've purchased a portable air conditioner.  The lord be praised.  It should be ready for collection on Wednesday, also known as public servant pay day.

Other random observations, dot point style:

  • This time next week I'll be 30.  
  • The crazies keep getting crazier.
  • Pushing myself to the last day of work on Friday seems a near impossible feat.
  • I miss London.  Oh, how I long to be bundled up against the elements.
  • I feel like a swim.  
  • I'm scared of the Ocean, despite being a complete water baby as a child. 
  • I know nearly everything I'm getting for my birthday.  It appears that I'm not the only one who has a problem with surprises.  
  • I spent 5 Christmases working 16 hours a day, 12 days straight, at a homeless shelter in London.  I'm not quite sure how I'll deal with all this extra time. 
  • I will probably sleep. 

Goodnight.  

3 comments:

UBERMOUTH said...

Interesting dot points, LF.
Are you British or Australian?

Ms Smack said...

Having grown up in Mackay, I didn't grow up with an air-conditioner because of the cool tropical breezes. It was only when I moved to Adelaide, that I suffered and now can't be without, because of the unsufferable dry heat. If you open your windows here, your face will burn off!

Fusion said...

Hmm, sitting here in -6c temps I'd trade with you I think...