Tuesday, September 16, 2008

summer lovin


I am in heaven. I am normally less than fond of the extreme humidity and heat of this country's northern end, today, however, has been bliss.

It's warming up. There is still a cool breeze that tickles my skin. I can't wait for summer.

I want watermelon, boost juice smoothies, the smell of salt on my skin and hair and the true bone weary exhaustion that follows a day on the Australian sea shore.  

(Cut to two months from now and I will be poring over Harvey Norman catalogues declaring that if I can't get a portable air conditioner
immediatley then i'll surely expire)

4 comments:

fromtheworld said...

it is so funny reading about someone on the other side of the world. Here (France) summer is over and I am enjoying the fall and looking forward to the winter.

La Femme said...

Où en France vous vivent ? J'ai habité à Paris pour un short tandis que. J'aime la France autant que mon pays d'origine ! :)

Fusion said...

I've had all the summer I want, and sadly I will miss fall where my house is because of estate handling here in California. By the time I get back, the snows will be starting then...

Enjoy your summer. Go to Kmart, they're cheaper than Harvey ;)

fromtheworld said...

I live in Montpellier, so in the South of France. I like being here and I especially love the weather here. Your French is good!
I just met a woman from Australia the other day. She is married to a French and they live here too. Australian English accent is lovely!